Saturday, January 05, 2008

a love story 15 years in the making =)

This has two parts. The girl side of the story and the boy's side: See how each of them differs and how love came at its right time!

She says:
I met him when we were still in 1st year high, through my elementary friend nino. He was in section Love (star section) I was in section Peace (2nd section). A year later I was transferred to the same section, biba kid ang lola nyo eh, and we became classmates till senior year. All the while I have always known that this guy has a crush on me but my eyes have always been set on another guy in class who's one of his best buddies.

Sabi nya he did tried to court me daw, hehe, but everytime he approaches me I always run. Ako ang orig na run away girl!!! In fairness mga bading, tinatakbuhan ko naman lahat ng mga gustong manligaw sa kin nun noh? Oh, he was able to walk with me on my way home naman pala one time from school, senior year pero one time lang un. I think I told him na friends lang talaga. Nachennylin ang lolo wawa man =(

Still the two of us became friends, because his tropa adopted FOA, me, geng and rhea, to form part of their group. (well that's a tactic really, but that's a different story).

College days, we had a double date. Or was it a date? Rodney asked me to pair him up with someone and asked me to come along, then he took VHin with him. We watched a movie (the jackal), ate at shakeys (pizza and mojo). That was it, after that he never made a move.

The gang still meets once in a while. Though not as much as we used to.

Years past after several girlfriends on his part he became single last September 2006.On the other hand, I was on a 6 year relationship and was asking Vhin & Kap's help to court the guy back to me. Him and kap was obviously furiously mad at the guy for breaking up on me but they still helped me. hehe. Though they were telling me zillion times that its not worth wooing someone back but the hardheaded me did otherwise.

During my on and off relationship on 2006, Vhin has been somewhat popping up more than usual. I didnt know he broke up with his girl then so I kept distance.

When my relationship finally ended june this year, Rhea and Vhin were two of those who took care of me.I refused to be courted, so he just kept me company.

We kept on seeing each other almost everyday. He's either waiting for me at McDo Lasalle after classes or in glorietta after work hours. And because I am still super vulnerable at that time, I told him to stop seeing me for a while.

Some days later, he called me up to let me know there was an offer to work in Brunei and if he takes the offer it would only take a month or two till he finally leaves. He was hesitant and was asking me of my opinion. I was saddened at the thought of him leaving but who am I to make him stay right? So I said he just have to go and follow his dreams. When we hang up the phone I cried. I knew Im gonna miss him but I cannot commit yet?

Around august we started to have a routine, we'll see each other every wednesday to attend midweek service at Bread, we'll go home to Calumpit every Friday, then go to Manila Sunday night. During those times I got to know him better. Traits that I missed out before started showing in fireworks form, hehe heart shape ba!

You know when youre totally focused on other things tendency is for you fail to notice the goodness of other persons around you. Only when I decided to get to know this guy was I able to see how great a man he really is.

Okay then, he is a good man all right. But am I ready? Before my birthday he told me he loves me. Well even before my birthday naman, i knew he had feelings already...his eyes tell it so, his actions tell it so, his take care texts tell it so.

Come September 21 day before he finally goes to Brunei, we had a date. I knew that I have fallen but I was still hesitant. I knew my actions gave me away but my mind kept on telling me the time was not ripe yet.

No day apart did he forget to call me. My inbox was suddenly filled with love letters and modern harana (modern harana means mails with MP3 lovesongs attached to it hehehe).

But one day, i was overwhelmed by all the things that he does. I feel the need to reciprocate his love but my mind still refuse to jump in. In short I was pressured and I mailed him to stop. (did i really ask u to stop? so sorry)

He was obviously heartbrokened and he agreed not to text or call me. Suddenly it dawned on me that I was so dumbed to let go of such a loving and caring man. So i took a chance to call him, but his phone was out of reach. It was so frustating and I was so scared that anything bad may have happened. Great that he just went out to catch some fresh air and to unwind.

That same night I apologized. Was I glad that he accepted and he calls me again. 3-weeks from his hiatus on Brunei he took a leave and was back to manila to meet me. He was complaining about his aching teeth pero alibi lang nya un (me thinks ehhehe).

October 12, 2007 we became an item. December 24 he proposed. October 12, we'll tie the knot. Too fast? Not really. It took 15 long years till both of us met. Now that the journey started, there's no stopping. =)

No comments:

verse of the day