Thursday, September 27, 2007

perfect love casts out fear

1 John 4:18 (NASB)
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.

My biggest fears in life include the following:
v Losing our house =(
v Not knowing where to stay
v Failing my exams (MS FE)
v Cancer (this is too morbid, but both sides have it)
v Dying doing something I am not supposed to do
v That I might fail with another relationship
v That I might expect much and give to little
v Getting married (dati I was so sure that I do want to get married, siguro pressured pa din o dahil sa failure sa previous relationship indecisive pa din ako)
v Giving birth
v Knowing that I might not be able to conceive (this is more scary than the previous)
v Kissing the frog instead of the prince charming

But perfect love casts all fears. I just got to rely on His help to overcome my fears. His love is stronger than all there is in the world.

Haaay, Lord. “When all these troubles (and all else) come to mind, please remind me that You are in control.”

With that I remembered one of my previous posts:
http://i-am-me-nyem.blogspot.com/2006/10/are-you-worried.html

I like this game… It makes me think and understand life and my purpose more =)

Happiness is not measured on how much one has achieved. It is in knowing that you have a purpose in life that one can truly be happy!

Lastly, living involves taking risks. No risk no reward!

No comments:

verse of the day