Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Our Singapore Trip and Tips when bringing the Baby

PROLOGUE:
I intentionally obliterated on previous post about my husband's gift last May 18 (our 1st year anniversary) because I dont want to preempt this post. BUt it has taken a long time for me to finish (even start) this SG post and now I am grinding my teeth to finish the series nyahhaha.

May 16, 2 days before our anniversary, in the car going to Bandar I was looking for a pen to write the things we need to buy in the mall. I found my husband giddy but I was not attentive at all that time. SO there I was searching for a pen in my bag, in thea's then in the car's compartment. Couldnt find any but I found a plane ticket and said "RBA? (royal brunei airlines)" i honestly thought it was our ticket last Feb but when he laughed in his panic tone I knew there's something in there.

I opened the ticket and found our names in it, then I looked at the destination and saw "Bandar to Singapore" and automatically a smile grew on my face, then a grin then a laugh.

That's the story (there's more to it but I cant find myself digging in the details so spare me). 13 days later we were bound to SG. Our first kaya we were both excited, takot din sa swine flu kaya bumili pa kami sangkaterbang face mask :D

PART I - GOING TO SG

Friday May 29 7pm flight to SG

1) Go to the airport early. You never know when the emergency "poop" will come so better be ready with ample of time. We arrived at the airport 2 hours before the flight. Thea didnt pooped naman but we were able to be at the gate early to get nice seats as we wait. In Manila, NAIA, there's a priority line for those travelling with infants - use it. (dito sa brunei wala nun sayang)

2) Bring lots of entertainment. While waiting and inside the plane, you would need lots of entertainment for your little one. Remember: others who doesnt have a baby yet may frown at a screaming baby.
3) Choose a window seat. If you can't at the check in counter then swap with your seatmate instead, just carry your baby and do the "kawawa naman ang baby ko pag dun kami sa aisle' eyes, prety sure they'll give way.
4)Breastfeed if you can. It helps Thea to sleep when she's breastfed rather than bottlefed so I try to make her sleep before take off, that way she wont mind the pressure. On our way to SG she couldnt sleep but kept on sucking anyway, I think it helped ease the pressure.
5)Fill out the immigration form inside the Plane. Also get out of the plane fast, that way you'll be the first to queue in the immigration. Clip the immig form in the passport.



SG at 9:00PM
1)Pacute sa Immig Officer. Me and my baby first then next si hubby. Don't give all the passports in one go, you might encounter a 'masungit' officer. DO NOT DISCARD the Departure Card. Again, do not discard. You'll need it on your way home. The only thing the immig officer asked me is where will we stay, I said we'll stay in the hotel blah blah. You might need your reservations churva, be ready just in case.
2)Google the hotel. It would be helpful if the hotel is baby friendly. Elizabeth is good, they have baby cot for baby, it would have been great but Thea wants to munch everything including the rails of the cot so we decided to co-sleep.

That's the end of day1. NEXT POST - PART II - Singapore Tour and Sentosa

No comments:

verse of the day