Thursday, March 15, 2007

Count your blessings

Once again, last week I had this urge to write about my selfish wishes. But you know, last time (I felt that)our Lord had really funny antics that prompted me not to. This time, He brought me to something that gave me tears and yes touched my heart.

Ok, i have to admit I am a bianca gonzales fan. She inspires youth to be what they wnat to be. Plus she gives back blessings to others. I read her blog but i don't wanna link it here coz I don't have permission (unethical un). But she posted there how happy, blessed and thankful she is for everything. This girl-woman who underwent lots of emotional turn-around had learned how to deal life with grace. In her blog, she asked kids their wishes if it were their birthday. And the kids answers, made me cry. Huhuhu, hanapin nyo n lang ang blog nya kung gusto nyo ng inspiring drama!

So now what am I to do? I guess I have to look to other people needs more. To help others achieve their dreams. I may not have the bucks to support my cause but I have the time to help the kids I teach in Sunday School to make them dream and dream big.

I had been an insecure girl when I was growing up, merely because we dont have much unlike my friends in school. But God led me to people who kept me sane, my parents, my tito and titas, my teachers in Sunday School taught me to value what I have. Theyve taught me not to compare what I have and what I dont. They taught me how to count my blessings.

And so I leave you with the song I learned from church.

Have you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear
Count your many blessings
And your doubt will fly
And you will be singing as the days go by

So amidst the conflict whether great of small
Do not be discouraged GOd is overall
Count your many blessings
Angels will attend
And they will help you
Till your journeys' end

Count your blessings name them one by one
Count your blessings see what God hath done
Count your many blessings
Name them one by one
Count your many blessing see what God hath done

No comments:

verse of the day